Sunday, October 10, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to you all and what a beautiful day it is. Actually what a beautiful weekend here in Southern Ontario.
Well, summer is officially over as we put the security cover on the pool.  I was hoping to actually swim for the first thanksgiving weekend ever but that didn't happen.  The nights are too cold to keep the temp up in the pool and the cost to keep it heated can be ridiculous for only a one or two hour dip. Hey, but to say, ya, I was swimming Thanksgiving weekend!?.
That in itself I am very thankful for, that the opportunity is there.
There is sooo much to be thankful for this weekend and every day. My family and all extended families, inlaws and their inlaws and it keeps going.
We were in London with my family for Thanksgiving dinner.
Check this gourd out that was at my nieces on Saturday.
This is one of the coolest types of gourds I've ever seen and sitting in it's try that was designed for it just makes it so cool.  You can't see the tail but there are about 4 or 5 feathers that stick ou the back.
Don't forget Alexandra...you're going to find me one of those holders for next year!

I want to share a couple more cards that we made at class a week agao  when we were working on our thanksgiving cards.  I had so many I wanted to share with the gals that I just couln't resist.

 I saw a card with the layout and background colours as you see here but it had leaves of different colours and the embossing on the vanilla was different. I was inpsired to make a couple nuts(acorns) because we're all a little nuts sometime!  Actually, I thought it was so cool to make acorns from the ornament punch!

A nice leafy wreath made with a maple leaf stamp, 4 colours and a berries stamp and two colours from the Autumn Days stamp set.  What a versatile stamp set!
Think about joining us for a night out of inspiration, stammping, fun and being creative...even if you don't have a creative bone in your body.  It's so easy to do!

No comments: