Thursday, October 21, 2010

Dryer Sheet Technique

Well, it's been two weeks since my last update and I'm so sorry we had to cancel last weeks class.  Had a crazy bout of a cold and was in bed for two days.  Nasty!  We had planned a euchre night as well on the Friday eve and that had to be cancelled too! Big Bummer! Anyways, although I'm still stuffy in the nose, I am feeling a lot better and back on track with the crafting and stuff.

Wendy and I are heading out Sunday to Toronto to take in the Creativ Festival at the Convention Centre.  Should prove to be interesting and I hope to come back with some more inspiration for all of you.

Totally positive feedback from tonights class and so easy peasy to do!  Want to share the two we did.
The first one is done by placing the dryer sheet over the completely glued whisper white base(3.75" x 5") stamped with Lovely as a Tree in Night of Navy ink. (We use this set an awful lot-it has so many uses and applications).  After trimming the dryer sheet, completely saturate the card and rub in dazzling diamonds for a gorgeous glitter effect.  The pictures do not do them justice.  Embelish with ribbon, a punched snowflake in Night of Navy and mat(4" x 5.25") with same and place on card base(11" x 4.25" folded in half).


Believe me, it looks fabulous in person!  The pictures do not do them justice!


Our second card tonight features the same size base, mat and card but in Black and Whisper White. The stamp set used was the Ever After. 1 1/4" square punch and 1 3/8" square punch.

The technique was slightly different and I chose to stamp directly on the dryer sheet all aver and it gave a soft look to the black ink.  I gathered a plain dryer sheet and secured the middle and adhered to the centre with a glue dot.  I placed the "Love" over the centre with dimensionals and fanned the sides out and cut evenly up the edges. Some of the ladies added glitter to the base dryer sheet and it gave an extra glam look.  I would recommend doing that.




Well, I hope you have been inspired to try this technique and I would love to hear from you and see your creations as well.  Until next time!


1 comment:

craftystamper said...

Wonderful cards. I just love that technique - and the cards do look better in person.