Sunday, March 6, 2011

Flower Power has arrived! Hi Everyone - I'm back!!!

I know... You're all wondering where I've been...NOT...well some of you maybe?  Some of you know that I started an additional day time job just before Christmas.  So at the moment, I really don't have a lot of time to play.  Classes were stopped in January for a while and we have had to cancel a couple of other classes as well already.  No worries...we should be great to go full steam ahead this week again for classes and I'm hoping to get you all caught up to speed with the various cards we've been making since my last blog entry in Nov?, Oct?  any way, I hope you enjoy the cards posted.

We have a new class designation at least once a month called 'flower power'.  These classes are focused on making some kind of flower as an embelishment on a card or a technique to make a flower on or for the card.  The following are some made with the scallop circle punch. CASED of course!



You can add any kind of sentiment to the oval at the bottom right hand corner of the card.  How to create these flowers you ask?
Left: 6 layers of distressed cardstock makes a fabulous full bodied flower.  Scrunch & scrunch and scrunch some more and then separate the paper layers. Join all together with a brad in the middle.  Fluff up to finish!
Right: Single layers folded off centre and petals snipped inward. (snip first straight inward but not reaching the middle) Fold so the petals are offset of each other.

I haven't quite figured out the best way to photograph the cards we make but I am doing the best with what I've got.  If any one has any suggestions or ideas about how to produce better looking photos, drop me a line at mrssmith58@hotmail.com










No comments: